Yield10 Bioscience, Inc. is an agricultural bioscience company developing crop innovations for sustainable global food security. We are focused on developing new technologies to achieve performance improvements in crop yield to enhance global food security and to produce nutritional oils and renewable polymers in plants. With our extensive track record of carbon flow optimization in living systems, we are advancing several innovative yield, seed-oil content, and biopolymer traits that we have demonstrated in crops such as Camelina and canola.
Yield10 is searching for a Field Trial Manager for our Saskatoon site. The successful candidate will manage the company’s field programs and lead a field team. This position is anticipated to provide rich opportunities for professional development.
• Develop annual Camelina field trial program and small scale pure seed production plan for designated areas in North and South America as per the overall targets and objectives set by the company.
• Execute field trial program according to the plan.
• Manage and execute the field trial program operations which include identifying field cooperators, trial and location planning, seed set up, creating field plans and protocols, randomization and field books, oversee agronomy of seeding to harvesting activities, draft contracts for cooperators and agronomists.
• Responsible for pure seed production in the field. Accountable for field seed tracking.
• Accurate record keeping and labeling of field seed. Ensure quality standards are met in the field program.
• Responsible for obtaining reports from cooperators within the timelines that are outlined or required.
• Participate in the development of the field program resource plans which include human resource plans, location management, equipment, inventory management.
• Prepare budget and purchases for the field program and field-related purchases. Responsible to help ensure that the program operates within budget.
• Provide leadership and management to field researchers that include training, performance management and day-to-day supervision.
• Ensure all activities are carried out according to health and safety guidelines, standard operating protocols, breeding protocols and other external regulations. Participate in the development and improvement of all the above processes as required.
• Participate in advance breeding and registration trials, and large-scale production trials as required.
• May also be required to participate in pure seed production in the greenhouse.
• Ph.D., Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Plant Breeding or Agronomy
• Demonstrated experience of 5+ years in planning and managing field trials is essential
• Proven record of success in the management of field trials
• Experience with testing regulated/transgenic traits under field conditions
• Prior experience with Camelina and/or other oil seed crops preferred
• Solid knowledge in agriculture technologies including, emerging trends and in-farm agriculture practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated capability to work well with field cooperators and researchers, plant scientists, breeders and business development team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in writing and oral presentations
• Willing to travel and remain as needed at field trial locations in North and South America. Estimate up to 60% travel time.
Yield10 is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent career opportunities as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please forward a resume with cover letter and the contact names of three references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Yield10 Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer